DevOps (a clipped compound of development and operations) is a culture, movement or practice that emphasizes the collaboration and communication of both software developers and other information-technology (IT) professionals while automating the process of software delivery and infrastructure changes.
DevOps is the blending of tasks performed by a company’s application development and systems operations teams. The term DevOps is being used in several ways. In its most broad meaning, DevOps is an operational philosophy that promotes better communication between development and operations as more elements of operations become programmable. In its most narrow interpretation, DevOps describes the part of an organization’s information technology (IT) team that creates and maintains infrastructure. The term may also be used to describe a team of software engineers who strategically look at the entire software delivery chain, overseeing shared services and championing the use of new development tools and best practices.
The DevOps Certification provides an introduction to DevOps the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration and automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. Improved workflows will result in an improved ability to design, develop, deploy and operate software and services faster.
DevOps changes how individuals think about their work; DevOps values the diversity of work done, supports intentional processes that accelerate the rate by which businesses realize value, and measures the effect of social and technical change. DevOps is a way of thinking and a way of working that enables individuals and organizations to develop and maintain sustainable work practices.
At the end of the course, you will have demonstrated an understanding of:
- Module 1 – DevOps Foundation and Adoption
- Module 2 – Why DevOps
- Module 3 – What is DevOps
- Module 4 – Business Framework and Practices of Development and Deployment
- Module 5 – Roles
- Module 6 – Agile Testing
- Module 7 – Requirement Analysis for Operation and Scaling
- Module 8 – Automation
- Module 9 – Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators
- Module 10 – Scaling
- Module 11 – Testing Methods and Objectives
- Module 12 – Other Methodologies
The candidate needs to be familiar with the basic concepts in DevOps, including basic terminology of IT Service Management, Lean, and Agile Scrum.
- Certified Agile Scrum Foundation (ASF) knowledge gives you an advantage in understanding the agility in the DevOps way of working.
- IT Service Management (ITSM) – ITIL Foundation Certification knowledge gives you the advantage of understanding the context in which the applications or services will be running and supported.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt (CLSSYB) gives you the advantage of understanding the importance of first-time-right and other Lean concepts and Lean Process Improvement
- Continuous Integration with Visual Studio Team Foundation Server
- Certified Docker Associated
- Exam Format: closed-book format. Computer-Based. Participants are not allowed to bring study materials.
- Passing Score: 65%
- Exam Duration: 60 minutes
- Exam Venue: ProctorU – Web Test
No Reviews found for this course.