The Certified Software Tester Intermediate Level Exam is the second step in your career if you are seeking an advanced level of the career in the field of Software Testing that this is a right exam for you.
The Intermediate Certificate in Software Testing examination is suitable for those who are engaged in any aspect of software testing. The topics covered are those which are considered to be essential knowledge for an advanced level test professional, regardless of their specialism (i.e. Test Analysis or Test Management).
The exam for the Intermediate level has a blend of theoretical and practical applicability; the candidate has to demonstrate a high degree of knowledge in the field of software testing to pursue this certification. The Intermediate Level is also suited for those who are seeking career advancement in software testing after foundation level.
The Intermediate Certificate in Software Testing is aimed at those who seek a more practical approach to the core software testing material covered at Foundation level. This Intermediate level software testing course is recommended for professionals associated with software testing in any way, or for those who are looking for a more practical approach towards concepts of testing.
At the end of the course, you will have demonstrated an understanding of:
- Module 1 – Overview of Testing
- Introduction of Testing
- Significance of Testing
- Seven Testing Principles
- Physiology of testing
- Who can do testing?
- Skill sets for testing professionals
- Tasks handled by test professionals
- SDLC and phases of SDLC
- Life Cycle Modules
- Definition and use of Agile and Scrum
- What is build and build process?
- Business Requirements
- What is FRD?
- Code of Ethics
- Advantages of Manual and Automatic Testing
- Module 2 – Test Plan
- What is test plan?
- Objective, scope and Strategy of test plans
- How to write test plan?
- Test Case
- Test Case Specification
- Test Procedure Specification
- Test Log
- Test Incident Report
- Test Summary Report
- Software Metrics
- Types of Metrics
- Module 3 – Test Case and Execution
- Test Case
- How to write effective test cases?
- Test case review
- Trace-ability matrix
- Defect or bug
- Bug Lifecycle
- Priority vs severity
- Causes of software defects
- How to write test cases
- Tracking and bug reporting
- Module 4 – Test Review
- What is test review
- Objective of reviews (Formal, Informal, Technical and Peer)
- Value of review
- Success factor for reviews
- Module 5 – Types of Testing
- Types of Testing (Manual and Automation)
- Methods of Testing (Black Box, White Box and Grey Box Testing)
- Levels of Testing
- Non-functional Testing
- Software Testers who are engaged in any aspect of software testing.
- Candidates who are seeking a new career in the field of Software Testing after Foundation Level Certification
- Everyone building a career in software testing, such as testers, test analysts, test designers and test managers, as well as anyone looking for advanced level software testing knowledge, e.g. project managers, QA managers, system managers, development managers and others, will benefit from this certification.
- IQSTB – Certified Software Tester Foundation
- Certified Mobile Application Tester – Foundation
- Exam Format: closed-book format. Computer-Based. Participants are not allowed to bring study materials.
- Passing Score: 65%
- Exam Duration: 60 minutes
- Exam Venue: ProctorU – Web Test
No Reviews found for this course.