In this course, you will learn how to install, operate, configure, and verify a basic IPv4 and IPv6 network, including configuring a LAN switch, configuring an IP router, managing network devices, and identifying basic security threats. The goal of the course is to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to install, configure, and operate a small- to medium-sized network.
Now at version 3.0, Cisco CCENT Exam Prep Course provides the foundational understanding of network Layers 1 through 3 that are applicable to core routing and switching plus other advanced technologies. Several topics have been added including; understanding the interactions and network functions of firewalls, wireless controllers and access points, along with additional focus on IPv6 and basic network security.
This course also serves as a first of two steps in the follow up certification, the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) cert., which covers topics in more depth and teaches you how to perform basic troubleshooting steps in enterprise branch office networks, preparing learners for the CCNA Routing and Switching certification.
- Network administrators
- Network support engineers
- Network engineer associate
- Network specialist
- Network analyst
- Cisco channel partners
- Individuals pursing the CCNA Routing and Switching certification
At the end of the course, you will have demonstrated an understanding of:
- Prepare for the entry-level CCENT certification, which is the foundation for Cisco associate-level certifications and beyond
- Obtain the foundational understanding of network layers 1-3 that are applicable to core routing and switching plus other advanced technologies
- Develop basic routing and switching networking skills to configure, monitor, and troubleshoot Cisco networks for increased effectiveness and optimal performance within SMB settings
- Understand the interactions and network functions of firewalls, wireless controllers and access points
- Support Cisco network deployments and maintain these services in an on-going operational network
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic PC operating system navigation skills
- Basic Internet usage skills
- CCNA – Rounting and Switching Exam Prep. Course
- CCNA – Wireless Exam Prep. Course
- CCNA – Security Exam Prep. Course
- Delivered at: Pearson VUE Test Centre
- Number of Questions: 45-55
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice (single and multiple answer), Drag-and-Drop, Simulations, Simlets, and Testlets
- NOTE: For a tutorial in this types of questions, be sure to visit the Cisco site—be patient, as the content does take some time to load in your browser initially
- Passing score: Cisco may change this at any time, but currently it is around 800-850 out of 1000 possible points
- Time Limit: 90 minutes
PDU / CPD / CPE Information
This course qualifies you for the following PMI® Professional Development Units (PDUs) catagory:
- Technical Project Management = 18
Total : 18 PDU / CPD / CPE
No Reviews found for this course.