The Course is an excellent way to gain foundational knowledge in cyber security and begin to build your knowledge and kick-start your career in this crucial area. It is also a great way to prepare to earn your Cybersecurity Fundamentals Certificate.
Cybersecurity Nexus (CSX) is a new program designed for the most ambitious cybersecurity professionals, empowering them to elevate their work, take control of their career paths, and earn their place amongst the best.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THE COURSE?
The Course is ideal for college/university students and recent graduates, those new to the field, as well as those looking to change careers. It is also an excellent resource for professionals in the field looking for a cyber security refresher course.
The Course’s interactive, self-guided format provides a dynamic learning experience where you’ll learn to:
- Explain the core information assurance (IA) principles.
- Identify the key components of cyber security network architecture.
Apply cyber security architecture principles.
- Describe risk management processes and practices.
- Identify security tools and hardening techniques.
- Distinguish system and application security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Describe different classes of attacks.
- Define types of incidents including categories, responses and timelines for response.
- Describe new and emerging IT and IS technologies.
- Analyze threats and risks within context of the cyber security architecture.
- Appraise cyber security incidents to apply appropriate response.
- Evaluate decision making outcomes of cyber security scenarios.
- Access additional external resources to supplement knowledge of cyber security.