This exciting and dynamic 12 hours course, fully updated for ITIL 2011, introduces learners to the lifecycle of managing IT services to deliver to business expectations. As well as an engaging, case study based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice, this course also positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam, required for entry into the future ITIL intermediate level training courses.
The ITIL best practice is composed of live core disciplines: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations and Continual Service Improvement. These disciplines represent a service life cycle framework that further enhances alignment to the business while demonstrating business value, ROI and enabling IT to solve specific operational needs.
IT Management, IT Support Staff, IT Consultants, Business Managers, Business Process Owners, IT Developers, Service Providers, System Integrators
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the key principles and concepts of IT Service Management.
- Identify the benefits of implementing ITIL in an organization.
- Identify the Service Management processes and how they map to the Service Lifecycle.
- Identify the basic concepts and definitions related to the Service Lifecycle.
- Identify the activities and roles involved with the Service Lifecycle.
- Identify the relationship of each component of the Service Lifecycle and how they map to other components.
- Identify the factors that affect the effectiveness of the Service Lifecycle.
Course Student Material:
Students receive a copy of the classroom presentation material. There are no direct reference materials required for this course; however Training Providers do have a choice of supplementing this course with reference materials available on the market.
About the Examination:
- Accredited Foundation training is strongly recommended but not a prerequisite.
- The exam is a closed book, forty (40) multiple-choice questions. The pass score is 65% (26 out of 40 questions). The exam lasts 60 minutes.
- Upon successful passing of the ITIL Foundation exam, the student will be recognized with 2 credits in the ITIL qualification scheme.
- Project Management Institute – Professional Development Units (PDUs) = 18
- NASBA CPEs 21
|Section 1: Introduction|
|Section 2: Service Management as a Practice|
|Section 3: Service Lifecycle|
|Section 4: Service Strategy|
|Section 5: Service Design|
|Section 6: Service Transition|
|Section 7: Service Operation|
|Section 8: Continual Service Improvement|
|Section 9: Technology and Architecture|
|Section 10: Exam Preparation|